Solitary confinement of the mind, parole of the soul.

Solitary confinement of the mind, parole of the soul.

Scratching the surface .

“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” - Maya Angelou

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Disappointments and Happiness.

Life is full of two things: disappointments and happiness. 
Without disappointments, there would not be happiness.
For someone who is so young, I've encountered many of both. 
I've had, like most teenagers, a first love. And most first loves, are only the first of many.
We all think they're going to last, because were naive. We believe in fairy tales, not knowing exactly when reality will hit. But when it hits, it hits hard.
Everyone gets there heart broken, and everybody gets hurt.
Disappointment.
But after we get over it, out comes happiness.
Sometimes we lose touch of ourselves for someone we care about. We give up everything for that one person, and we end up getting nothing in return.
I've lost my relationship with my mom, those who were my friends till the end, and I lost myself.
I didn't know who I was for a while because I changed for the one person who I thought would be my forever.
But, I thank them. For everything. The good and the bad.
Because now I'm stronger, I know better, and I grew from the experience.
Even though we don't speak, they see that I am happy, something that they would know nothing about.
I found myself again and I've fixed things with those who care about me regardless of my mistakes.
And those people are most important.
If I had a chance to speak to him, I wouldn't, because the past should stay the past.
But I no longer have any regrets or resentment, because I know I changed a persons life, even if they're not going to change themselves.
I have my mom, my family, my friends, and my happiness.
And I have myself back, the most important.
I need to take care and look out for number one, and that's me. I cannot control how other people are, and I'm grateful for that.
I'm very young, so I know I will have many more disappointments in my life.
But with those disappointments, there's always happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment